1. By 6 May 2022, and every four years thereafter, the Commission shall submit a report on the evaluation and review of this Directive to the European Parliament and to the Council. The reports shall be made public.
2. In the context of the evaluations and reviews referred to in paragraph 1, the Commission shall examine, in particular, the application and functioning of Chapter V on the transfer of personal data to third countries or international organisations with particular regard to decisions adopted pursuant to Article 36(3) and Article 39.
3. For the purposes of paragraphs 1 and 2, the Commission may request information from Member States and supervisory authorities.
4. In carrying out the evaluations and reviews referred to in paragraphs 1 and 2, the Commission shall take into account the positions and findings of the European Parliament, of the Council and of other relevant bodies or sources.
5. The Commission shall, if necessary, submit appropriate proposals with a view to ame…