1. By way of derogation from point (c) of Article 33(1) and points (a) to (i) of Article 36(1), during the period from 1 January 2014 to 31 December 2017, institutions shall apply this Article to the residual amounts of items referred to in Article 468(4) and in points (b) and (d) of Article 469(1), as applicable.
2. The residual amount of the valuation adjustments to derivative liabilities arising from an institution's own credit risk shall not be deducted.
3. Institutions shall apply the following to the residual amount of losses of the current financial year referred to in point (a) of Article 36(1):
(a) losses that are material are deducted from Tier 1 items;
(b) losses that are not material are not deducted.
4. Institutions shall deduct the residual amount of the intangible assets referred to in point (b) of Article 36(1) from Tier 1 items.
5. The residual amount of the deferred tax assets referred to in point (c) of Article 36(1) shall not be deducted and shall be subject to a r